Family Support Program
Serving the parents and children of our community’s most vulnerable families IWSE’s Family Support Program provides services and supports that are crucial to the academic and social success of children age 0-3 years old.
The Family Support Program (FSP) promotes child and family growth by nurturing healthy parent/child relationships, providing positive parenting education and individualized support, and walking alongside families as they strive to reach their goals and prepare their children for the future.
The Family Support Program reaches more than 80 families each year with intensive supports and services aimed at preventing child abuse, increasing future school and life success, promoting positive and appropriate parenting and teaching families about their children’s development. We serve the parents and children of our community’s most vulnerable families.
Family Support Specialists work with parents on a weekly basis and provide one-on-one parental training, demonstrate parenting and child development techniques, and offer referrals and crisis support as needed. The program is tailored to the needs of each at risk family:
- Weekly, intensive home visits using a research based curriculum
- Regular goal setting for the family and its members
- Twice monthly family events that offer education and parent child activity time
- Yearly developmental screening, assessment, and intervention
- On-going assistance through referrals and connections to other agencies and programs
Parents who are living in tenuous situations struggle to provide their children with a nurturing, attentive, safe, and healthy environment. In our program we endeavor to help families as they parent their young children and to move their own lives forward towards workable goals.
By providing services in English and in Spanish, IWSE’s Family Support Program serves the entire family, including parents or family members who may not be as comfortable in English as in Spanish.
Family Support Information Request
- Please complete this form. Note: Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Please scroll to the bottom of the application to click Submit.
- Please make sure you see a Thank You page after you hit Submit.